Sunday, September 1, 2013

Getting Across - Let me be a Rapunzel


Hi,

Cross your heart an tell me haven't you've been jealous of girls/actresses flaunting their shiny, silky and gorgeous hair in the hair care product advertisements.
As much as they look real and the product promises that we will get hair like that if we use that product, but come on we all know that actually we are never gonna have hair like that.
But is it really possible to have hair like that ???


I know girls who have beautiful hair but this is like over hype .. not a single strand goes here or there.. and hair is so thick that there is no demarcation between hair strands .. just woow .. isn't it .

Kangna Ranaut in an ad by Bajaj is shown in stick straight hair which is totally opposite to her natural hair, which is extremely curly.  I feel it works better than a hair straightener or hair rebonding for Kangana. 







Then there was this ad from Garnier feauting Karishma Kapoor, look at her hair in ad and then at an event appearance. Notice any difference ?


I dont say that Karishma's hair is not pretty in real life. But did she forget to use that Garnier product before going to that event?? Her hair kinda looks dull and flat as compared to her hair in ad.  

 Here take a look at Sonakshi Sinha's hair. I guess similar tragedy of using the product happened with her even. Plus notice that how smooth her hair look in ad, not even a single hair is visible. Looks ike she is wearing some nice plastic coating.


In the real life pick she surely forgot to airbrush her her !!

If this does not amuses you then there are two more .. I can't decide which one is my most favorite .. help sort out ..

One is Garnier fructis ad .. the one in a truck stuck in mud was pulled out with aid of hair of a  girl ..

Now see this .. the girl has hair long enough to reach her waist ..


And now see the next two pics carefully, she ties her hair to the truck and even twists the hair along her arm to pull ...


 Look at the way hair is tied around that rod ?? Is it tied or glued ? I dont see another end of the knot !!


Just look at the hair length in the above pic, her hair needs to be atleast knee length ...

Second, This is more of a current ad from Dabur Amla Hair oil ..
Priyanka Chopra features in this ad, where she inspires a girl to retaliate to the teasing of few girls. This girl surely does some super hero stunt by dipping her hair in water and sprinkling it on the tease girls.


Here is the video for this one ..


Isn't it just like wow ... I want hair like that too .. But I am sure these products wont do any good  so I found a perfect solution and I bet they are using them too ... Hair extension. Although I have never used them personally but I have seen many females using it to get perfect hair ...

Source : 1
Source : 2
Source : 3
So I would say quit fooling us guys !! Go Hair Extensions :D


Stay Beautiful 
Shweta

31 comments:

  1. the last picture seemed funny :D
    cool article Shewta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice read. It is so true.. Ppl should stop giving unrealistic expectations to young girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, if we can pull a truck from a pit using our hai then we can build bridges out of hair too ..

      Delete
  3. Ads these days are completely unrealistic and honestly I feel they make fool of themselves by showing such ads..especially the garnier one was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, garner always make such silly ads .. They r clear winners in that department

      Delete
  4. I had used extension once just for a whim :) my scalp got itchy after few days & I was just waiting for it to fall off soon :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try clip on ones . They are better and easy to use.

      Delete
  5. I still wonder why they made kangana ranaut the model when the whole nation knows that she has noodles like hair!!! That shows these people don't care

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried hair extension, but yes re-bonding. Add is more about hair styling then actual effect of product. I dnt think Karishma ever get close to Garnier other than holding it in her hand. Why would these actresses use budget product when they shop in London/Paris and have personal hair stylist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is whole point. Celebrity endorsement is very big in India. About 70% brands have a celeb (movie/tv) endorsing their brand. Yes it does work. But they waste money paying for the celeb, with that money they can research and improve their product.

      Delete
  7. Hilarious!!! Loved it totally. How I wish these ad makers saw this ad and take a clue. They will then perhaps make some sensible adverts. Nice post shweta, already waiting for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Lovely article girl ;) I love reading them - Keep them coming sweets <3 :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find hair products ads bit lame and hilarious, always!! Such a cool article :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahaha the last part is awesome...lol ! love love love ur post !

    ReplyDelete
  11. heheh. such a fun postt!! teh comaprisons ..too good!!
    and yes the ads are so graphically modifies.. nothing originall!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent post dear ! who these guys are fooling ....I better buy hair extensions den these products
    xoxo Shreya

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an awesome post dear....There is so much of n exaggeration once can easily tell...These ads are more hillarious I tell you ...Keep such posts coming dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit that I am pretty careless about using a toner.
    Great review hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess u meant to write this on Toner review ?? anyways .. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...