Hi Fitness pals,
A friend asked a very valid question Regarding weight gain after leaving gym.
She said -
" I’ve a doubt. I’m slim. If I go for Treadmill workout and stop it after some time, will I become fat? I think I shouldn’t do it. "
This is what I replied her back -
"Nooh .. it is a big miss-conception that after leaving gyming/ exercising we gain weight .. When a person is trying to loose weight they make all conscious efforts to eat right and avoid unnecessary calories. But when they come off the program or they achieve their weight loss goal or stop exercising for any reason. They gradually revert back to their old eating habit (as they are not working out anymore so no calories are burnt and after a time frame the body starts loosing its muscles which were formed during exercising ) which leads to gain back the lost weight. After reaching a healthy weight people are always advised to not leave exercising completely. That’s why most fitness gurus say that loosing weight and keeping it off is a complete lifestyle change and it is forever. Or may I say that we can get A LITTLE lenient with it after we reach our desired goal but still we need to continue with healthy eating and exercising to maintain it."
I hope I've justified my point.
Stay Healthy
Shweta :)

very very well said!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with your points Shwets :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Radha :)
DeleteThanks for the clarifying the doubt. That was so clear... ;)
ReplyDeleteLoving ur posts...
Thanks Gayatri :)
DeleteWell said shweta..I lost 15 kilos with lots of excercise or comtrolling on my calories...but to maintain this I need to do exercise everyday atleast 30 mins ...I think its good for me n my health...yes I do skip as well but when u did so muvh hatdwork u dont want to loosen ur muscles which u were formed with so much hard work n I must say loosing weight is nt easy task I lost 15 kilos in 4 months.....thnx for posting :):)
ReplyDeleteThat's great Tejinder.. Loosing that much weight in so less time is amazing .. work hard and keep it off :)
Delete
ReplyDeleteReally great post, girl;}
http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/
Thank u Greta :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sachin
ReplyDelete