Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Product Rave - H2O + Sea Results Overnight Skin Perfecting Peel

Hi,


This product was my first face-off with Glycolic and Salicylic Acids. And I guess by now everyone might have understood that I love both of these acids. This product is the reason why I am such a huge fan of both.


Three years back my skin wasn't any close to what it is now. It was unevenly pigmented, had major open pores, blackheads, whiteheads and it was dry, flaky and scaly.  I had to get facials every month. But when I moved to States this luxury was not possible. I started hunting products which could help me with my problem. I came across H2O plus peel.

My initial reaction was not pleasing, as it tingled my skin, and I never found any change in my skin the next morning. But because of its price tag I thought I must finish the product rather than shelving it. That's the best decision I had made for my skin ever. The given quantity lasted me about 7-8 months and when my first bottle got over then I realized what wonders it did for my skin.

In the period of 7-8 months my open pores diminished, blackheads reduced, texture of skin became better, whiteheads reduced and my skin had a glow. And most importantly I survived these months without a proper salon facial (I did treat my skin to at home facials).

So coming onto what is so good about this product.

Ingredients : 

Aqua/Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Urea, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methyl Gluceth-10, Salicylic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Maris Sal/Sea Salt/Sel marin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Himanthalia Elongata Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Linalool

Key Ingredients:

  • Glycolic and salicylic acids rapidly exfoliate dull surface cells to fade the look of expression lines, revitalize tone and refine texture
  • Aloe and provitamin B soothe the skin and promote cellular repair
  • Anti-aging nori, himanthalia and spirulina smooth and revitalize skin with nutrient-rich moisture


Price / Quantity : INR – 1700 / 30 ml

Available at : Medplusbeauty . com

Color, Consistency, Texture and Fragrance: It is transparent, light-weight gel like formula with running consistency. It feels a bit sticky but is well absorbed by the skin, quickly. It feels smooth after it gets absorbed. It has a mild fragrance which is not irritating and disappears in a while.


One pump of the product

Blended , too much for my hand

Reduced the quantity and re-blended and dried (this is ideally how it shows up on face)


Packaging: I would give a 10 on 10 for packaging. Sleek cubical transparent outer covering with silver colored tube container inside. A small nozzle with white pump on top. Blue colored inscription. Looks very chic.    

 


Application: Apply half to one pump of the product on the clean face and neck at night after face wash and before moisturizer. Take caution around eyes. When it dries up in few minutes apply moisturizer.

Effectiveness: In one week, skin becomes smoother and texture starts improving. In a period of time it will surely clear of acne, blackheads, whiteheads and open pores. It lightens the dark spots and unevenness of the skin.

Suitable For : All skin types. It is very mild and gentle product. even people with sensitive skin can use this.

My last words: Don’t expect miracles overnight, this product works, but if you have very troubled skin, it will take time to show results. It took me 7-8 months to get a little better skin. After completing first bottle I bought a second one, but simultaneously migrated to a higher concentration of Glycolic acids which made major difference in my skin texture.
If people are scared of using glycolic this is a best way to introduce it in your routine. If price is not a concern and you want to steer clear from cheaper pharmacy alternatives, this is for great product. But, Are their cheaper alternatives – Yes, which work equally good or should I say even better that this. A must have for me? -  No, I even trust my pharmacy available products which are don’t burn a hole in my pocket. Do I love this product? I certainly do , I wish the pharmacy brands had a texture like this.

Stay Beautiful :)
Shweta 

25 comments:

  1. Superb Review Shwets <3
    Does this suits oily skin??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is a key word.. and they say overnight results... I will recommend this to my brother he had white heads under eyes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. frankly Shikha it all depends on the skin type.

      Delete
  3. great review... i will def check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10/10 rating.. seems this product is d solution of ur all prblm... a costly prdct.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10/10 is for packaging .. yes product is costly, that why i have a love hate relationship with it

      Delete
  5. on your recommendation only i got glyco-a n loving it..though i have been using it since a week only so its a bit too early for visible results..but it def controls whiteheads n zits like no one's business! absolutely makes my skin soft and smooth in the morning..though i have not seen any reduction in spots and pigmentation or pores but i guess its way too early to tell rite? how long will it take to see some visible results? i am applying it every night after cleansing..do u think i shu invest in a toner with glycolic acid for better results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as for toner I think rose water is enough. and yes it will take time atleast give it 1-2 months. for open pores and blackheads try using Salicylix sf too.. u'll get better and faster result when both glycolic and salicylic work together :)

      Delete
    2. Salicylix sf has to be used on top of glyco-a or alternate them every other day? also Salicylix sf is the complete name? any particular % to be followed?

      Delete
    3. Please check in my older posts .. I have mentioned it all. Currently on cell so cant post link .. Sorry for trouble :P

      Delete
  6. am looking for a good serum.. this one sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aloe and provitamin B soothe the skin and promote cellular repair
    Anti-aging nori, himanthalia and spirulina smooth and revitalize skin with nutrient-rich moisture

    I wanted to try these , but can you pls specify the any Products or Brand in which will get all these ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Shweta and Followers,

    After using Glycolic acid and Salicylic acid my skin texture is slowly changing its very gud products

    Thanks Shweta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soniya for entrusting my reccomendations. :)

      Delete
  9. This sounds promising....Would give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If u really wanna try glycolic n salicylic msg me on fb .. I'll let u know some very cheaper yet effective alternatives

      Delete
  10. Excellent Review with clear pictures Shweta, Gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Great review, the images are really clear. I -need- to find where I can get my hands on this product in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marks n Spencer stocks these , I saw them on their self in London :)

      Delete
  12. Hello thanks for sharing nice information

    Skin peel products

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...