Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Make your own Corrector to conceal under eye darkness

Color Correctors or Color Corrector Makeup  are used to brighten up the under eye area.these are either peach, pink or salmon colored concealers.
They have cream consistency and cancels out the blue/ purple undertones of the dark under eye area.
Although there are many correctors available in market like Bobbi Brown, but these are quiet expensive.I personally love to highlight my undereye are as it is extremely dark and looks even darker with the shadows caused because of my deep seated eyes .
When ever I want to get a very flawless look i prefer using my YSL Touche Eclat Pen, Mac studio Concealer and Bobbi Brown Corrector (Yess!! It takes that many products to lighten up my under eye).
But on normal basis when I am just going out, I have a fairly easy routine, that probably doesn't give me extremely flawless under eye but does a decent job. 
Here is an easy " How to make a homemade dark spot corrector"

Products Used:

  • Moisturizer
  • Garnier Anti- Dark Circle Eye roll on (here i am using shade Light, this step is optional ) 
  • Concealer (any concealer u can find, ideally 2 shades lighter that your skin tone, here I am using Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer)
  • Pink  and/or coral lipstick ( matte texture, NO shimmer at all, here I am using Victoria Secret Glossy Tint Lip Sheen in Manic Pink and MUA lipstick in shade 1).
  • Setting Powder or any pressed powder ( here I am using E.L.F. HD powder )
  • A brush to apply concealer (optional) 

How to make corrector + Makeup Corrector
Products Used, Along with eyeshadow which I use to fill my eyebrows 

Procedure:

  • I apply a moisturizer on my face to moisturize, I prefer doing this as i have very dry skin. I feel that concealer goes on much better is we apply a cream before.
Makeup Corrector + Make your own Corrector
After Applying Moisturizer


  • Dot Garnier Anti- Dark Circle Eye roll on. Less is more . It doesnt gives me a lot of coverage, but its good for overall brightness of the look. I blend it with my finger by a patting motion. 

How to use color corrector makeup
Dotted Garnier Pen 
How to make a dark spot corrector
Blended Garnier pen , it gives slight coverage 


  • On back of my hand i mix concealer and two lipsticks it makes a very pinky peachy corrector. the trick is to add color to the concealer in small quantity because you dont wanna make it too dark when it gets applied. we need it to be a shade lighter than our skin tone.
How to make a homemade dark spot corrector
Three Products

make a homemade dark spot corrector
Mixed products, notice the peachy color it has


  • I apply it in the inner most corner of my eye and then dot further upto outermost corner and on lids. Then with warm fingers I do patting and blending motion to blend it flawlessly. The trick here is to apply very small quantity and slowly build up as and where required. 
color corrector makeup
Instantly Brightened the Under eye area 



  • After this I apply my foundation to my face and set the under eye area with a setting powder or a face powder. For extra coverage you can even apply powder foundation lightly or any skin tones powder. The trick here is to pat the powder with a small brush let is set for a 30 seconds and brush it off with a big fluffy brush .

How to color corrector makeup
With Foundation and Setting Powder and Eyebrows filled 

Full Face 


Stay Beautiful :)
Shweta 

7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...