Friday, September 13, 2013

I Don't Decide with My Nose




A handsome man, who has been completely ripped out of all body fat and looks like he  hasn't stepped out of gym in a long long time and been on a carb free diet for a good period of time, walks on a path and girls are flying high and falling for and over him ... Just to get a fragrance he is wearing ... 




A girl and a boy get attracted ( like two magnets and start their mushy acts) because of a fragrance. 



Etc 
Etc

Yeah .. I am talking about overtly s*xual deodorant ads we see on television. 
The example I stated are still way too decent but there are numerous others which I fail to put in words.

Using gender attraction in ads  for selling products has become very common for deodorant ads. They are practically stepping on the line now. 
I read somewhere that animals attract their mates with different techniques likes hooting, colors, dancing and even showing power. And in this respect there is role of body odor in cases of humans. 

Looks like advertisers have taken this point way to seriously. They think rather than opting for a pleasant fragrance, people will choose the product counting the number of girls falling down. 

Well I don't want to get into the rights and wrongs, but I wonder do girls fall for a guy wearing XYZ perfume ... I thought we are the most developed species on earth and we apply our brain and not nose to choose our partners.. 



Thanks,
Shweta

19 comments:

  1. I agree with you on that..girls don't fell for just smell

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/09/elf-essential-loose-eye-shadow-fall-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how a man smells is indeed important to me, but not to the point they show in these stupid ads, haha..its just too hilarious! Keep them coming shweta, I so look forward to reading posts in this category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt about that .. but these ads relate deo to sex .. i find it unnecessary .. :P

      Delete
  3. lol..loved the first description.... good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice read dear.. I get attracted to lovely fragrances but he has to be a good one, cant fall for a stupid guy wearing amazing fragance..;)

    BTW.. I like how u come with posts on such stupid ads.!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true .. we apply brains while choosing our guy .. thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Yeah I find these ads, ridiculous. Especially the Ax ones where herds of girls are portrayed as cows trying to run behind a single man. I think they are trying to market it for men alone, because all men think about is how to get more girls, and girls acting like brainless cows is a dream come true to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha really well said dear ! Loved the line 'we are the most developed species on earth and we apply our brain and not nose ' BEst one

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually don't mind over the top advertisements, it is the lack of creativity that bothers me. This concept has seriously been beaten to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah u r right, probably thats why it made it to my blog ..

      Delete
  8. Another awesome and well written post in the tab ;)
    You really write it beautifully .. keeps your reader engage till the end of the post <3
    I love them - keep them coming girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These posts of yours are fabulous and so true! Love reading them.. the ad comapnies these days are going really beserk! Showing anything they want to just for selling the product. Hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the title :) Everyone likes to smell good, not only girls. But as you said these deodorants brands take their sales pitch up a notch :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. really well said and nicely written.....keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's an awesome and well written post in the tab!You really write it beautifully . I hate these advertisements! It's a great post honey <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...