Hi Girls,
Has anyone escaped the BB bug? Not Me. I have tried most of the recently launched BB creams and only two products found permanent place in my vanity, one of which is what I am about to review here.
I had bad experience with the Maybelline BB cream. I did not like it so I was little sceptical in trying out the BB stick. I was under the impression that it would be bad anyway. When I saw that it came in a bullet form (which I like), I couldn’t resist but buy one. I am using it for the past one month almost daily.
What Maybelline claims about the product :
FLAWLESS, RADIENT SKIN + 12HR SHINE CONTROL + 8 BENEFITS IN JUST 1 STEP!
- Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.
- Contains Salicylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.
- Provides a soft, matte and radient finish.
- Sweat-resistant and sebum - resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.
- Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.
- Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.
- Instantly evens skin tone.
- Provides a power-light feel on skin.
Easy To Use,
Dermatologically Tested,
Wont Clog Pores,
Suitable for All Skin Types,
Allergy Tested,
Suitable for Acne Prone Skin.
Shades : Two shades are available : 01 Fawn and 02 Radiance
Price : INR 250.
My Experience :
It comes in a bullet packing akin to a lipstick. I love this style of packing because you need not risk taking out more product. A few lines here and there and you are done. It is travel friendly. The only disappointment I had with the packing is that the lid is very flimsy. You may notice the breakage in the picture.
The shade I opted for is Radiance. I have fair to medium skin and this shade works fine for me.
I have dry – combination skin which is extremely sensitive. Due to the summers, my T-Zone gets a little shiny too.
The texture of the product is extremely creamy. It glides on easily and blends well. I prefer using my fingers to blend the cream onto my skin. The coverage is what impressed me very much. It covers my mild under eye circles and redness almost like a medium coverage foundation. It takes couple of minutes to set and when it does, it gives a soft matte finish as claimed. As my skin is dry, I cannot tell much about its oil controlling properties. But as it keeps my face even in the hot summers fresh for almost 6-7 hours, one can safely assume that this product will be good at keeping the skin from getting oily. It brightens my face and gives a soft glow. It has never irritated my skin in any way. The product does not feel heavy on the skin.
The only con if at all I need to point out one would be, it settles into the fine lines under my eyes when used in more than required quantities. To get the best results it is good to start applying in small quantities.
![]() |
| Blended Product |
As my skin is dry, I do require moisturization in the problem areas. Due to the presence of SPF, this product does look a tad brighter under yellow light.
Likes :
- Bullet packing.
- Very good coverage for a BB cream/stick.
- Imparts glow and brightens skin.
- Excellent staying power.
- Has SPF and salicylic acid.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Does not impart stretchy feeling even though it is a product targeted towards oily and combination skin.
- Keeps my face matte and fresh throughout the wear time and that includes my T Zone as well.
Dislikes :
- Flimsy cap.
- Just 2 shades are available.
Verdict : This product is an obvious hit for me. It gives coverage, mattifies, protects from the sun and is easy to use. What else can I ask for? I will definitely repurchase.
Love,
Raji
About the Author : Rajalakshmi Murli, my dear friend Raji, is from Chennai, India. Her keen interest towards makeup led her to create her personal blog where she voices her opinions on makeup, beauty and other general topics. Her blog is http://www.indianbeautymaniac.net/ .
Glam 'n Gloss Says : Thanks Raji for writing the review for my readers. You are awesome as always. Please visit her blog - Indian Beauty Maniac - https://www.facebook.com/IBM.Raji







Nice detailed review, I havent tried a single bb cream yet, i love my foundations, i tried to buy this one but the color range did not impress me, not many options.But it looks to be a good product for daily use.
ReplyDeleteThank u Sugandha.. :) ya they have just 2 shades and a friend of mine feels that the darker one s too dark and this one is too light for her..
DeleteSuperb review and piccys Raji :D I have to get this now :)) My list is growing day by day.... :P :P
ReplyDeleteThank u Arpita.. :D
DeleteThis was good till a few weeks back for me. Now i feel it looks cakey on my face I don't know why. Probably mine is dried????
ReplyDeleteCakey?? may be u swiped more products? i dont think it will dry up so soon nisha
DeleteNice review Raji :) I thot I might escape the BB Bug but was hit by the Clinique one last weekend :D
ReplyDeletei saw it.. Girls like you make girls like me get broke.. :P I have the loreal, revlon, the body shop and NOW clinique in my wish list :(
DeleteNice review Raji :) I thot I might escape the BB Bug but was hit by the Clinique one last weekend :D
ReplyDelete