Hi Friends,
Mascara has been my favorite piece of makeup since ever. It’s one
makeup product I cannot live without. I
have very thin lashes so I prefer using mascara which can give me loads of
volume and can open up my eyes.
I don’t like to experiment with mascaras as I like
sticking to my favorites.
I recently tried Faces Ultime Pro Shocking Volume Mascara. The
words – “Shocking Volume” always attract me, I fantasize about fluttering
fuller lashes… Please read ahead to know whether I actually get that effect or
not…
What Faces Cosmetics says about the product:
Outrageous volume for an incredible you! Curved spiral wand
ensures super dramatic volume. Infused fibers give a deep black finish.
Nourishing ingredients volumize and strengthen lashes. Absolutely water
resistant, lasts all day.
Packaging:
Black shiny, sleek and round tube packaging. It has a decent long
handle for better control. The mascara brush is unique feature; it is not straight
as usual mascara wand, rather this product wand is curved. The curved wand is good for
poker straight lashes. It gives a soft lifting effect to the lashes.
How to use the curved wand?
Generally people think that cupping the lashes in the curve of the
wand is the correct method of using this type of wand. But the right way is to
use the curve facing downwards. Placing the wand, with curve facing downwards, on
the bottom of the lashes and pull it up, towards the end of the lashes. The
wand will create soft curve in the lashes.
Product:
The formula is deep intense black colored and when I first used
was liquid-y. It claims to be Water – Resistant. It coats the lashes well and dries up pretty
quick on the lashes. After one month product dried up a little making it thicker
and now gives a little better volume than before
Price: INR 799 for 7.5 ml
My experience Faces Ultime Pro Shocking Volume Mascara:
Product:
Freshly opened product clumps a little and clubs my lashes making
them look a little spikey. BUT, after a period of one month the product has
dried up a little and the formula now is a little thicker. Now it gives a
better look, it imparts better volume than before now. I would say that it is
more of a lengthening mascara than a volumizing one.
It clumps slightly. And makes my lashes look slightly spikey. I
prefer using a lash separator comb later to separate my lashes.
I wore this mascara for about a month. What I loved about the
product was the way it held the curls all day long. It did not smudge or flake
all day long. I even happened to wear it while it was drizzling (raining) and
the mascara survived the drizzle too. It has amazing water resistant
properties.
While removing the mascara I did not face any problem at all. It
came off easily with a normal face wash. I didn’t have to use an eye makeup remover.
None of my lashes break during the process. My major concern with water proof
mascara is that when I remove the product, the process breaks my lashes. But fortunately, I didn’t
have to face this problem with this mascara.
Wand:
The concept of curved wand is great. The wand works pretty well in
creating a lifting effect. But, it’s difficult to get to the inner lashes.
Although the wand has a tapered end but it needs lot of practice get to the
inner lashes without over applying the product on the center lashes. And if you have smaller lower lashes like mine,
then probably you’ll need a very steady hand to apply the mascara on lower
lashes. But it does a pretty decent job in elongating the lashes.
![]() |
| Left : No mascara; Center & Right : Two coats of Mascara |
Pros:
- Curved wand gives soft curl without using eye lash curler.
- Deep and intense black color.
- Formula gets better with time.
- Elongates lashes pretty well.
- Long handle for easy use.
- Stays all day.
- No smudging, No flaking.
- Survives a rain drizzle.
- No lashes fallout while removing the mascara.
- Mascara comes out easily with plain water and a face wash.
Cons:
- Formula is more like of and elongating mascara rather that “Shocking Volume”.
- The inside of tube needs a little separator which can squeeze out the excess product from the brush.
Last words:
The formula is like a wine, gets better with time. Within one or
two weeks after the package is opened the formula is perfect to use. It makes a
great everyday use mascara. Don’t expect “Shocking Volume” but a fuller, lifted
and elongated lash look is what you get.
Shweta
PR Sample, Honest Review




Looks good , and nice pics..
ReplyDeletehttp://celebratingfeminity.com/
Thanks :)
Deletei loved the effect it has on your lashes. Might check it out soon. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jyoti :)
DeleteThe wand seemed difficult to work with...seems like a clumpy mascara. Check out my blog http://diptidiva1.blogspot.in/ if you would like to
ReplyDeleteonce u get hold of the brush its not difficult rather it gives a very fab look.. yes its is slightly clumpy .. but then we have lash combs..
DeleteSo guess i have been using the wand wrongly all along. :D Nice review and pretty EOTD
ReplyDeleteThanks Raji, Now use it properly and see the effects..
Deletewow loved d effect and i didnt knw wand thing..have always been using wrong den :P
ReplyDeleteRiya recently posted..Review of Maybelline Colorama Nail Paint in Amarelo Sol
Thanks Riya, using the wand correctly makes the major difference..
DeleteIt looks nice, but for this price, I may choose to buy l'oreal volume million lashes mascara!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nisha, yes true, But this a wand to store, i will keep the wand...
DeleteSlightly pricey but the effect is clearly visible! Great Review.....
ReplyDeleteThanks Richa, its gives very elongated look to my lashes :)
Deleteseems a good one...
ReplyDeleteHi Shikha, yes its decently good :)
DeleteUr lashes are looking amazing dear.. I l check this one out..love faces products !<3
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
Delete