Friday, January 11, 2013

My Lakme Makeover


Hi Guys!
As you all know that I had a chance to get a makeover by Lakme salon. I was among the five lucky winners from Chennai who had participated in the Be Bebolicious contest held by Penguin Publications.
Here I am analyzing the makeup and my total experience.
The Makeup Artist had been given a pre outline of what kind of makeup was supposed to be done on me. I must say it was totally out my comfort zone, but I was ready to get it done. It was an opportunity for me to try on something new which I usually not do.

Concealing & Foundation:
Heavy, cakey, blotchy.. are not even enough to start. She used Kraylon concealer and foundation.  And my hate for the product had revived. I had once got party makeup done from Lakme where they used Kraylon stuff, I just hated it. It just sits on my skin and looks very unnatural; it forms a mask over my face with a cast. Same happened yet again. And probably she used way too much on the product to give me that flawless complexion in their photoshoot.  

 Contouring:
I was really impressed the way she contoured my face. Trust me I need a lot of contouring given to the chubbiness on my face. She used some Kraylon cream product to contour. I was really impressed with this step.
Eyeshadow:
Well I have very pigmented lids and undereyes. It takes a much pigmented eyeshadow to show up on my lids. Well Lakme fails here. Eyeshadows she used were from the Lakme eyeshadow quads, although the color looked very bright and vibrant in the quad, but turned out to be very subtle on my lids and took a lot of product to show up.
Shimmer is every where

Eyeshadow Application Technique:
Well this was way out of my comfort zone. I normally prefer using a gradient of color. Highlighting inner corners, darker out “v” and normally take the color a little above my crease for party makeup ( I have a lot of space between eyebrow and crease and if I don’t apply a darker shadow just past my crease, this space makes my eyes look hooded).
This lady applied a light shimmery shade on my entire eyelid area, from lashes upto my eyebrow(this is a strict no from my side although).
Then took a medium pink shade and applied on my crease and blended.
Purple shimmery eyeshadow in form of a semicircle facing downwards and was not even ready to blend the outer edged. At first this was looking way too awkward and made my eye look too hooded. But after I requested her to blend the edges, it was looking better. Same color was applied to lower lash line.
At last she finished off my eye by applying loads of glitter from lashes too eyebrows and there was a major fallout onto my lower lids, which just aggravated the look of my dark circles (this is what I hate doing, If applying glitter I just try and keep it within my crease).

Liner and mascara:
She used a liquid liner to first line my eyes normally.
Pencil liner (mixed green and blue) color to apply on lower lash line and extend it out ( I was feeling like Cleopatra, I never ever extend my liner, if I do , I like doing a cat eye type). Well somehow I digested this step, as it was not in her hands to decide that.
I insisted her to line my water line with black pencil as I could notice gap between liner and lashes. (this was one of my edition to the look.
Mascara was nothing great. I like my mascara to be very volumizing.
Mascara falling flat 


 Blusher:
I noticed that they were applying lot of blusher on the other girls getting ready. I asked her not apply a very bright pink color and that too with a heavy hand and esp not apples of my cheeks (this is one trick to slenderize the face I always abide by).
Still she did apply it a bit heavy (I did tone it down behind her back :P when she stepped out of cubical).

Lipstick:
It was what I absolutely loved. Although she applied the liner very dark but after my request she toned it down a bit. I asked to apply a n*de shade (from Lakme absolute lip palette) to further reduce the darkness.

Hair:
Blow dry with rollers on crown to give more volume, a bit of teasing and hairspray, nothing fancy. I was not very fond of my hair but then it was not the mistake of the hair stylist, only I can tame my hair.

Overall look:
Although there was stuff which I didn’t like at all like foundation, concealer and glitter and I was way out of my comfort zone as per eye makeup is concerned but I liked the look fairly.

Staying power:
I was very disappointed by the staying power of the makeup. By the time I came back home (1.5hrs), foundation started separating, pencil eyeliner bleed, mascara was flaking. Under eye concealer was nowhere to be seen. Although there was such a heavy application of foundation I could see dark spots I have around my lips. And something just aggravated the dryness on my face (which wasn’t there earlier) esp. on my chin.

Pencil liner and concealer bleading

Notice foundation drying up on chin and lip corners

Things I would like to try:
I would definitely try to extend the liner as it made my eyes look big. Probably not that long.
Try using a dark lipliner.
Use a darker shade of cream concealer as contour. (I normally use contour powder).

Me Before the makeover 


Stay Beautiful :)
Shweta


8 comments:

  1. U look much prety without makeup Shweta <3 it was great to read your experience ! Its bad that the makeup started bleeding :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sukanya !! Actually I have makeup on , which i did by myself and its very natural, i like to keep it that way .. caked up look is not for me,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought if this is Lakme makeup they should use only their brand products..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than concealer and foundation, MUA used all Lakme products. when i questioned her about the brand of Foundation and concealer, she told me that they are from Lakme. But I am quiet aware of Kraylon products, so I could easily make out that it was the one used.

      Delete
  4. I was selected from mumbai here..but did not want to travel so much..I loved ur before pic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my makeup done from a Lakme salon once. Never made the same mistake again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lakme uses two different bases for their party makeups , i once got Kraylon based makeup, which was as pathetic as this, but three time i have got Mac based makeup done, which was wonderful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...